Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, not sure if anyone else has problems with their steering wheel controls, i have the Design model, and every now and again the audio controls swap functions, ie the volume control changes track etc.

Also a bit mroe worrying is that the horn does not always work, not the fuse as ive checked that and not the horn itslef as it works some of the time.

I suspect that a plug within the steering column has come loose, and therefore only makes contact when it feels like it!

Has anyone else had a similar problem, or does anybody know how to get at the steering wheel wiring loom to check the plug is secure.

Hope someone can help
Chris

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Hi all, not sure if anyone else has problems with their steering wheel controls, i have the Design model, and every now and again the audio controls swap functions, ie the volume control changes track etc.

Also a bit mroe worrying is that the horn does not always work, not the fuse as ive checked that and not the horn itslef as it works some of the time.

I suspect that a plug within the steering column has come loose, and therefore only makes contact when it feels like it!

Has anyone else had a similar problem, or does anybody know how to get at the steering wheel wiring loom to check the plug is secure.

Hope someone can help
Chris
The horn is a known fault with the Astra, I know a few others have had to have the horn itself replaced.

As for the steering wheel controls, that (from what I've heard on here) sounds like the cam bus electrical system, and could be expensive. The car is under warranty, so pay a visit to your vauxhall garage. From my experience you'll be seeing them a lot more in the future!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not yet, havent had a chance yet to book it in with Vauxhall, will let you know what it was when done.

Incidently the controls all worked fine today!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts