Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Astra H suffers from heavy condensation on the inside of the windows. It’s been raining the past week and every time I drive the car the rear windows mist up a lot. I am driving with aircon on ( tried off too) which doesn’t help. Windshield and front windows get demistednby the blower at demist ( fan speed 6) but as soon as I turn it off it starts misting again. If I am to park the car for 5 minutes, the entire front windshield is fogged up and so are the front side windows. After driving for 3 hours, I have attached a picture of the condensation on the rear windows. I had to use a squeegee to remove it.
What could be causing it?

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2,461 Posts
Air con not actually working. The air dryer which is obviously meant to dry the air isn't doing it's job.
Short term, use some dehumidifier packs in the car but it's going to need checked and most likely regassed to get the pressure high enough to kick in the compressor and start taking the moisture away from the incoming air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air con not actually working. The air dryer which is obviously meant to dry the air isn't doing it's job.
Short term, use some dehumidifier packs in the car but it's going to need checked and most likely regassed to get the pressure high enough to kick in the compressor and start taking the moisture away from the incoming air.
Air con worked a treat in the summer months, was re-gassed back then too if I’m not mistaken. The aircon just wasn’t able to keep up with the moisture. Outside temp was 7.5C, inside I tried 21C to 24C.

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
2,461 Posts
My AC worked in the summer too as i regassed it...but i KNOW it has lost pressure in the last few weeks and isn't working right...and it gave similar (less severe) symptoms.

...summer was a long time ago...

·
Registered
2003 Vauxhall Astra G 1.6 8v Active.
630 Posts
Good advice from Boroboy. (y):) When checking your carpets, try and feel underneath them if you can. I've known them feel dry on top, but the sound proofing underneath be sodden. HTH

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Check your carpets and boot areas for water ingress, if you find any. We'll advise you to where it may be coming in from.
It's even worse when it freezes from the inside and out on the screen.
While you're in the boot, look in the spare wheel well, these can hold a lot of water, even if the mat is dry.
Also, check that all the door drain holes are clear and letting any water out, also the body sill drain holes.

Reactions: Westy1600

·
Registered
Astra 1.3 cdti Estate 2014.
216 Posts
Wet shoes in and out the car will carry loads of water in plus snow and slush always bang your shoes together when sitting on the seat before you bring your legs in to get rid of snow .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts