Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have a 08 plate astra h estate cdti, it has a engine problem as where at low revs it almost sounds like its knocking and its sluggish, but once its up in the revs its fine, i can sit on the motorway at 80 with no problems, also if im sat at lights i can rev it and its fine, though it does make a little chatter sound as its coming back down the revs, but whn i pull off from the lights its sluggish till i get up in the revs, i went round a roundabout today in 4th and it was really struggling, ive changed the air flow meter but no change, though it was a 2nd hand one, any ideas guys ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, andyl, where abouts is the egr valve please, is it easy to clean ? take off ?, theres no smoke coming out of the car at all, its only done 85k and apart from this problem it goes like a rocket, is it best to blank the egr valve off altogether or just clean it ?

·
Premium Member
14,645 Posts
Its relatively easy to remove and clean..plenty of Youtube videos about.. you can buy a blanking plate that has small hole in which will prevent the light coming on, blanking it will also give a better throttle response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts