Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Astra g 1.8 loss of power

[Astra Mk4/G] [98-04] 
7K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  grant19841 
#1 ·
Hi, my car has lost power but don't know what's causing it.. no eml light is on just seems to have disappeared altogether I done a stop watch yesterday my cars 0-60 is meant to be 8.5, but it's currently 11.7.. clearly this isn't normal.

It's had a full service including

Air, fuel, oil filter change.. fresh coolant, also had new coil pack and plugs.. cleaned throttle body

Don't know what else to try no codes are stored.. it don't feel like its hesitating that's the reason I change the coil pack, it seems much better cold but still not 100%

I am aware of a few problems but would they cause this? I know my thermostat is sticking open not allowing engine to reach operating temp while driving but in traffic it's fine, also my clutch is due for a Change it's not slipping yet but it's right at the top.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks.

Astra MK4 Z18xe

See less See more
#12 ·
It has a maf n it has no egr its z18xe
Just replaced spark plugs there was oil on one of the cylinders so after I replaced them I took it for a drive still no power, took spark plug out to check if it still had oil but it's clean now making me think I wasn't tight enough n oil was escaping but still doesn't run right

#16 ·
Lol my cousins bf just asked me to pop round with the exact same symptoms as you!!

So I went around there with opcom, plugged it in and got p0100.... so I done some live data and the maf would not pass anymore than 1.46v on full load and at idle it bounced around from 0.10v to 0.55v..... so his is goosed and ducked!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
As above the z18xe don't get along with aftermarket sensors what so ever so best not to by twice (waste of money) buy orginal and say bye to the problem .
The engine is Proper gutluss I bet wait until the gm maf is fitted it will be like a different car (which will shock you as you have been use to the problem as the maf slowly failed).

#28 ·
You will be surprised in the throttle response as she can breath and monitor the air better (stop restricting itself). Be careful when you drive after the replacement (@Valer recommended is what you need) as she will spin her wheels alot easier. Especially at junctions so to compare to what she is now it will a grandad car no more lol.
Do you think it'll make a big difference ? I'm just waiting on the part getting a bit excited

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.