Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the 150bhp 1.9CDTI engine.

First I noticed that there was a very high pitched noise coming from the from when cornering fast, and when idling everey few seconds there was a shudder in the car, when it appeared to stop revving for a fraction of a second.

Now, the has a slightly high pitched rattle that can be heard in conjunction with the engine idling. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Well i know how u feel about the astra CDTI as i have one which has spent more time in the garge getting fixed than on the road for my enjoyment....

There is also a knowing design fault with the engine where vauxhall are not willing to own upto as its weight in at £7000 to get it fixed after talkin to one of the lads working on the car if not under warranty....

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i know how u feel about the astra CDTI as i have one which has spent more time in the garge getting fixed than on the road for my enjoyment....

There is also a knowing design fault with the engine where vauxhall are not willing to own upto as its weight in at £7000 to get it fixed after talkin to one of the lads working on the car if not under warranty....
Its a Fiat engine though. I know what you mean about being in the garage all the time though :shake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts