Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a astra 03, 1.8i 16v LPG, (done 27K). Yesterday it took two goes to start and ran on the starter for a bit on the first attempt. It went on the second attempt but the emmisons light came on and stayed on. The car ran fine switched to LPG as per normal and ran as normal. The light was still on when I drove home from work yesterday and again was on on the way in today. However when I left work tonight it went off as soon as the car started.

(I am sure there should not be an emmisions problem as it had its first MOT tuesday and the emmissions were as expected were O.)

Checking the haynes book it says there is a down stream o2 sensor past the cat that links to the warning light. Is it possible I carried some petrol over in the faulty start and this triggered the problem and it took a while to clear, or does it sugest the senor is Knackerd/on the way out, or is there somthing lurking more serious.

Any Views
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
122 Posts
could be lots of things all it is telling you is that it had=s picked up a fault. if it comes on again you will need to get it pluged in.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Need to read any error codes. If it's any help, the error code following a solid emissions light I had last year was the EGR valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts