Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 99 Astra 1.7 estate (its Opel but I couldn't find an Opel forum). The electronics have gone in the diesel pump and I have been quoted €1995 (£1330) for a new pump plus another €200 to fit it. The car is only worth €4000 so it does not make sense to follow that route.
Does anyone know of someone either in Ireland or UK who will replace the electronics in the pump? How much would it cost me?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
we used to use Lucas to repair the pumps on the 2.0 dti model they repair them and re calibrate them for vauxhall over here in scotland.
if i were you i would look up a local lucas dealership there must be one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are the symptoms? Is it surging on tick over, wont rev? Warning lights on dash? I was told this about my Zaffira, £ 2.5K, got a 2nd opinion, a new crank sensor sorted it out, £190

·
^^ Look! - BLUE :D ^^
544 Posts
you can get a recon pump for £700 on ebay....some say reprogramming is un-necessary,timing it all up is the pain from scratch unless you have the timing kit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are the symptoms? Is it surging on tick over, wont rev? Warning lights on dash? I was told this about my Zaffira, £ 2.5K, got a 2nd opinion, a new crank sensor sorted it out, £190
I'm having similar problems with my 2.0 dti astra van. engine is difficult to start & won't rev up. it idles perfectly & engine sounds sweet. have been told it's gonna cost me anywhere from £480 - £1300 for new pump. have a new CPS coming tomorrow, hope to god it sorts it.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi contact 'diesel bob' he is the main man £600 exchange
cheers
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts