Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shame: Hi as a previous corsa and now astra 1.7 td ls estate owner I am wondering if anyone else out there has had oil pump failures on either of these two cars. They are apparently Izuzu engines I have had one go in each car at around 76000 miles. I know of another on an astra to go aswell at around the same mileage. If you speek to Vauxhall they denigh any knowledge of ever having any problems with the pump. It is the bolt in the middle that sears and can cause the turbo to blow and then the engine. It seems to be a bit strange that 3 cars with the same engine go within 5k of each other.:(

·
VxON Pond life
761 Posts
:shame: Hi as a previous corsa and now astra 1.7 td ls estate owner I am wondering if anyone else out there has had oil pump failures on either of these two cars. They are apparently Izuzu engines I have had one go in each car at around 76000 miles. I know of another on an astra to go aswell at around the same mileage. If you speek to Vauxhall they denigh any knowledge of ever having any problems with the pump. It is the bolt in the middle that sears and can cause the turbo to blow and then the engine. It seems to be a bit strange that 3 cars with the same engine go within 5k of each other.:(
Very common fault, and it is definatly a known fault. I would change dealers if they are saying they have never heard of it. I have done 2 this year so far and christ knows how many last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi i have a 14 plate corsa its only done 68000 on the clock , and the oil pump has gone on it , the oil preasure didn't work and now it's in the garage 😭😭😭

·
Super Moderator
25,805 Posts
Never had an issue as long as everything is checked when the cam belt is changed every 50,000 miles.
I’m on my 3rd 1.7 Isuzu engined Vauxhall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never had an issue as long as everything is checked when the cam belt is changed every 50,000 miles.
I’m on my 3rd 1.7 Isuzu engined Vauxhall.
This car has full service history with it so it should have been checked at 50,000, however so many doggy people about they say they have done the work on your car and they haven't 😭😭😭 my car is in bits , plus the gear linkage (as in no drive ) in the car in January ...... that not wear and tear ... eh Gear linkage on a 14 plate car

·
Super Moderator
25,805 Posts
This car has full service history with it so it should have been checked at 50,000, however so many doggy people about they say they have done the work on your car and they haven't 😭😭😭 my car is in bits , plus the gear linkage (as in no drive ) in the car in January ...... that not wear and tear ... eh Gear linkage on a 14 plate car
Yours is not a Cam Belt though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts