Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Long time since I have been on. My son has the above mentioned car. Got a small issue regarding the drivers/ passenger windows. On the drivers side, if you put an object in the way of the window going up, it will go back down. However, the issue is when exiting the car and the window is down, put the window up, open the door and the window will go back down. On the passenger side the issue is when exiting the car with the window up, where it should drop slightly to open the door then rise when the door is shut, it fails to move. The window does operates normally when in use.
Is this a sensor issue or ECU/BCM issue.
I have not looked at it as yet but will try to shortly. Would like to be armed with a little info first so got a rough idea where to start. I will be starting at checking all the earths first.
TIA
Marc

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
The issue with the passenger side window not moving when you open the door will be it needs reset. Hold switch down until the window is fully open and wait around a second till you hear a click.
Then fully shut it and again wait for the click.
You could always try this on the drivers but it sounds like a sensor issue

·
Registered
47 Posts
The issue with the passenger side window not moving when you open the door will be it needs reset. Hold switch down until the window is fully open and wait around a second till you hear a click.
Then fully shut it and again wait for the click.
You could always try this on the drivers but it sounds like a sensor issue
I've got the coupe and it has the same issue with the windows now and then, like if they've been frozen and I've tried to open them, so that was a very handy piece of information, thanks very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts