Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alternator belt has snapped on my 96 Astra 1.6, got a new belt which seems to be a lot longer?? does it follow a diff route or can anybody supply a diagram as i never looked at it before it fell off.
Any help would be good.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an 8v with power steering. I cannot figure out the route of the belt at all, I have check the part number with vauxhall and they say its right.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ribs on the belt run in the ribs on pulleys back of the belt goes over the tentioner. longest bit is between alternator and power sterring. or post a pic and will eddit it with the route of the belt and post it back.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
juseg said:
just had a look and does it go around the engine mount or over it????
it goes through the mount!!!! complete bstard of an idea!!!! you need to split the mount im afraid! for which you will need jacks and axle stands to support the weight of the engine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
stuart002 said:
it goes through the mount!!!! complete bstard of an idea!!!! you need to split the mount im afraid! for which you will need jacks and axle stands to support the weight of the engine.
cavaler is like that not astra.

·
Registered
308 Posts
this is from the vx tis. sohc 1.4\1.6 standard on most vauxhalls so routing should be the same if not simlar pic is of the small block 8v bottom end (corsa)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts