Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone out there can help. I've recently been having problems with the alarm on my astra. It has a mind of it's own and goes off whenever it feels like it (usually 3am!)
I've tried closing vents and putting the recirculate mode on but it still does it. The battery is fine and i've tried turning the ultrasonics off inside but it still goes off. Does anybody know of anything else I can do to test it or how to disable it completely? Thought I'd try here b4 spending a fortune on a diagnostic check.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Do the lights flash when the alarm is going off?

if not it could be a fault probably with the power sounder - this happened to mine.

After a new one was fitted its been fine ever since.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
my bet if it isnt what dave has said its most likely the powersounder has gone,

very very common prob, do a search on here for powersounder and it will all make sense,

·
Registered
11 Posts
at least your alarm works, my astra's suppose to hav one but ive done everything bar putting a brick through the window n just cant get it to go off. if it wernt for the immobiliser im sure it was be an easy target for the thieving B*****ds out there.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Experienced a couple of years ago what sounds (!) like a similar problem. Turned out to be not fully engaged plug slide locks to the units under the driver's side front wheel arch. See pic.

Fully engaged them and the car's never emitted an unscheduled squeek since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.