Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit to add
When I turn key to position 2 I can hear a mechanical clicking sound in the back that sounds like it's coming from the passenger doors. Does this mean it could be loose wiring causing the central locking failure? How do I check this and fix it myself.

Thanks in advance

Hi all new here. I wondered if someone could help me out. So gradually I started having issues with the car as follows:-
  • Car bings when driver door open as if key still in ignition
  • Car wont lock with fob so changed battery and tried the turning the ignition to 2 just before start several times whilst holding the lock or unlock on the key to see if that would get the key to work as it has in the past.
  • Took the car to get a diagnostics check and came back with the following errors P1616-50 / B3055-00 / P0460-71
Then the place where I took it told me I needed a car electrician so I took it elsewhere and he spent a couple of hours then told me I needed a new solenoid. This is where I get really annoyed because he got me a solenoid and before he fully fitted it checked it worked to lock the car which it did but after he fitted it then it wouldnt lock the car still charged me for this despite him telling me that was the problem and it's not. So now he tells me it's most likely the ECU.

Its getting me frustrated as I cannot lock the car and I'm wary to use it incase it's something more serious and before I chuck more money to the car I wanted to get some advice. Oh and the barrel has been cleaned also and the fuses have been checked. I'm stumped and already spent over £250 trying to sort this.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,891 Posts
Have to assume this is an Astra H model due to the P1616 and B3055 codes, which are linked and usually point to a fault within the CIM module. The P0460 is fuel tank level sensor. Does the radio turn off when you remove the ignition key? Does the interior light turn off when you remove the key?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi no the radio doesnt turn off. The dash lights go off and I'm not sure about the lighting as I've not been checking when it's dark. And yes I should have said it's a H model. Do you have any idea what I should do as the next steps to try and sort this?

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,891 Posts
If the radio is staying on, I would suspect the ignition switch (not to be confused with the barrel) is faulty/sticking. As for the B3055 code that needs watching. If it keeps happening then it's a new CIM (expensive little bugger) used to be able to update the firmware for them, but most required replacement. But check the interior lights when you remove the key before you go further.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
On my zafira I can't lock the central locking if the drivers door is open any other door and it will lock maybe your car won't lock because it thinks your driver door is open

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi just wanted to ask another question.
I've managed to fix the ignition barrel part thinking the key was still in I re cleaned it and now it turns of the radio and doesnt bing when I open the door and the central locking console button works again now when I get out and do it via the passenger side. However I still cannot get the car to lock with the fob do I need to get it reprogrammed? Would disconnecting the battery fix the issue to clear the faults as I have now fixed the issue and was wondering if maybe it's not communicating that it's fixed.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,891 Posts
H should be self synchronising. It might be you need it reprogramming. Are you sure the fob itself is working?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well up until I had the issue with the car suddenly not locking or turning the radio off it worked perfectly. Even to be sure I have changed the battery and nothing. The circuit in the key looks as though it's got some sort of glue on it is that normal?

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,891 Posts
That looks like some hotglue. Easiest way to tell is if you know someone with an opcom you can check to see if the car is "seeing" the fob button being pressed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont know anyone with one where can I go to get that looked at? I've spent a small fortune already

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also wondering can the key even become unprogrammed by itself. I i know one of the diagnostic codes said its incorrect transponder key

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,891 Posts
Ask the membership on here, see if anyone local to you has one? Incorrect transponder key usually comes up as P1614 or P1616 and is usually blamed by a low voltage reading. Very common fault on Astra H I am afraid. But can normally be ignored.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wondering is there supposed to be something else on the battery side of the fob as looks like there is a piece missing but I cant be sure !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right swapped the battery in the key to the other way around and somehow that's done it. Works perfectly. My wondering is why the mechanic I took the car to who changed the battery managed to put it in wrong way round then charged me a small fortune to change my solenoid. Makes me question whether it was done on purpose.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts