Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a viberating rattle the sounds to come from the engine bay it sounds to come from the centre of the engine at the rear. I have only heard it when I drive the car, it seems to happen around 1500 - 2000 rpm and sounds like when an exhaust bracket has broken and when you get to certain revs the break gives you that metalic rattley sound but befoe that point and after its ok. It has done it from new the main dealer says nothing is broken or adrift and shrugs his shoulders,. Any one got any ideas

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi it could be the internals on the catalyst or the heat shield bracket
regards
steve

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve it sounds like its comming through the bulkhead between the radio and the steering wheel when you talk about the heat shield it that the shiney bit of tin covering the turbo? as that seems to be the area its comming from, it sounds like the engine is pinking but deeper and more constant in tone its and its comes at about 1500 and goes at about 2000 rpm it, also is the catalyst located around the turbo and the back of the engine?
Thanks Graham

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi i think you have got a heat shield problem then get it up on ramps and have a look
regards
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts