Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi every one

I have an Astra 2l DTI auto estate on a 53 plate (owned from new) it done 24k miles.I first noticed the problem about 5 years ago to disengage the shift stick from park you have to depress the brake pedal if you hold the shift or listen you can hear the locking solenoid click in, at first it was an odd occasion it did not work and pushing the brake pedal a couple of times it would work for weeks with no trouble now it seems to happen and the odd push on the brake pedal no longer seem so cure it.

After messing about for a few minutes it will engage, it is no trouble when driving or stopping and putting into park only if the engine is stopped and restarted

Can anyone tell me if this ts a simple switch and solenoid circuit and is the switch likely to be on the pedal in the foot well the owners hand book shows the location of the solenoide and how to release it in the event of no power, I can find nothing in the Haynes manual. Anyone any suggestions

Graham

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I remember correctly the Haynes manual doesn't even cover automatic gearboxes. I'm not 100% up to speed on them but there should be adjustment somewhere on the switch / linkage normally on top of the gearbox in the engine compartment.

A quick Google search of "astra DTI starter inhibitor switch" brings up some interesting links and YouTube videos that will hopefully help :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts