Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMdq83P1MYY&fe...

10 minutes later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhc5u5Jhk5Q&fe...

Theres no lack of power, no blow-by. No loss of oil. It sometimes lags randomly, normally at higher speed. The blue smoke is only sometimes evident when revving on idle. I've replaced: Oil, oil filter, injectors, HP fuel pump, checked timing, replaced pressure sensor, replaced rail sensor (non genuine), checked glow plugs. Previous owner replaced rocker cover due to oil leak (non genuine) and said it wasn't smoking before that (who knows).

Someones told me to change the turbo. But theres no real play in the turbo shaft, although there is a drop or 2 of oil under it. Wouldn't a turbo cause a blue smoking problem all the time?

Opinions?

·
12,710 Posts
By pressure sensor do you mean the MAP sensor in the inlet manifold?

·
12,710 Posts
Then try cleaning the MAP, they can get very clogged.

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
If the injectors have been disturbed to replace the cam cover then i would suspect its a injector seal weeping oil into a cylinder, if thats whats happened then the only way to rectify it is to pull them out, recut the seats and refit with new seals.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the injectors have been disturbed to replace the cam cover then i would suspect its a injector seal weeping oil into a cylinder, if thats whats happened then the only way to rectify it is to pull them out, recut the seats and refit with new seals.
I've replaced all injectors after the rocker was replaced. So cannot be injectors.

·
12,710 Posts
Did you get the seats recut and use new seals?

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
I've replaced all injectors after the rocker was replaced. So cannot be injectors.
I never asked if the injectors have been replaced i asked if they have been disturbed have the seats been recut and new seals used,....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never asked if the injectors have been replaced i asked if they have been disturbed have the seats been recut and new seals used,....
Sorry, I have never heard of such a thing? Whats the reason for doing this?

I just replaced 1 injector in my other car and that all went smoothly.

·
Premium Member
13,737 Posts
Yes well replacing 1 injector and not having a problem is lucky, replacing all 4 and not re-cutting any of the seats then your asking for trouble, the thing is with this engine is if one (or more) of the injector washers leak due to poor seating then you will get compression gas and diesel blow past the washer/seal into the cam cover, once the engines stationary any oil that accumulated around the injector will also weep into the combustion chamber causing blue smoke on startup, so its good practice to recut the seats and fit new seals, even more so when the injectors are inside the engine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes well replacing 1 injector and not having a problem is lucky, replacing all 4 and not re-cutting any of the seats then your asking for trouble, the thing is with this engine is if one (or more) of the injector washers leak due to poor seating then you will get compression gas and diesel blow past the washer/seal into the cam cover, once the engines stationary any oil that accumulated around the injector will also weep into the combustion chamber causing blue smoke on startup, so its good practice to recut the seats and fit new seals, even more so when the injectors are inside the engine.
Okay, was not aware of that, thanks. However, it was smoking before changing the injectors. They were just changed to try eliminate the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts