Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my work collegues has thrown down a bit of a challenge to me (don't worry, it's at a trackday coming up in feb!) as he has just gotten himself an astra gsi (i think) with the 150bhp red top engine fitted. He beleives he'll be wiping the floor with me both on track and also on the timed 1/4 mile run that will be held on the same day. all the info I can get from parkers/carfolio ect is that it has 150bhp (although he recons his has a 170bhp "chip":lmao: fitted...do they exist?) and that is all! can anybody tell me the performance figures for this car? and how do they handle? as i'd like to know how much of a challenge he'll be! we are both a similar standard driving having both attended quite a few trackdays. cheers guys

the car he'll be up against is my mk2 ibiza gti;

2.0L 16v 150bhp (should be about that, only got an exhaust and panel filter)
stripped out interior bar the 2 front seats (weighed 972kg on a weighbridge)
datron timed at 7.1 seconds to 60 and 16.1 1/4 mile
lots of uprated crap to make it handle well too!:D

thanks again chaps:Cool2:

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
:lmao:
No it sounds like he has a chip from egay, in which case, it wont work!!!!

By the sounds of your motor m8, i would hope that you waste him :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Should be pretty level pegging to be fair, the chip sounds very hopeful at best :lmao:
Assuming the Astra is standard then they don't handle too well for track use but then saying that, how many mk3 GSI's are still on standard suspension these days?!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
his seemed to be lowered by quite a bit, the tops of his tyres are level with the arches. it does seem to go very well. I can't judge how fast though cos mine is stripped of most of the interior so therefor the sensation of speed is increased, but his astra has all of it's interior and is relatively quiet inside. the trackday we are going to is on Feb the 21st so i'll get the relevant bits of footage up! just to throw the challenge down even more, I got my car dyno'd at Jabbasport at the weekend...161.9 at the fly with 138lb/ft of torque.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this never actually happened in the end!:rolleyes: I swapped my ibiza for a mk2 golf gti 16v the day before and didn't risk an unfamiliar car on a racetrack! the lads astra did very well though! kept up with some very quick cars (sprint track with a lot of 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear corners) although in the end he had front wheel blowout!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.