Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope your lads can help me out

Astra 1.9 SRI 150bhp with error code 000175, so I've had a few local garages look at it and can't find the problem, my problems are, LIMP MODE so when I put my foot down with the sport button pressed only any thing over 3000 revs car goes in to limp mode, clear codes and it's okay until I go over 3000 revs foot down (only happens with sport button pressed) now if I drive it slowly and slowly come up the revs it will go past the 3000 revs and keep going remember this is sport button driving. without the sport button car can fly up the revs range with foot to the floor.

it's only when sport button is pressed. and today I've also noticed if I keep my foot down (slowly building up the revs) till it goes up to 5000 revs and hold it there after 10 seconds or so the pedal becomes completely useless and the pedal can be at the floor and the revs stay the same. confusing !! I know

egr is blanked, swirl flaps glued open apart from number 3. also NO tuning box never have had the need for one. because on another forum I guy had the same code but had a tuning box and it was turned up to high, turning it down fixed his issue.

again I don't have nothing like this

I'm seriously out of ideas because the fault code is 000175 and it's quite a rare one.

any help or ideas would be appreciated lads

·
Worn Out Member
6,528 Posts
can you clarify the fault code ?
there isn't a 000175 code relevant to this engine that i can see,could it be
P0001-75 Rail Pressure Low Pressure

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
egr software deleted and a remap mate. I've put 3 bottles of forte injector cleaner, and two bottles of forte turbo cleaner through. still no luck. there is a bit oil coming through swirl flap 1 2 and 4 maybe should bite the bullet and replace the manifold

·
Premium Member
14,617 Posts
Maybe the maps asking for to much fuel pressure, has it done it since the remap or was it like it before.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
that's my exact thoughts mate. that's the only thing I can think off. the remap was done before I bought the car and it didn't do it for over a year, just started recently. my only thought is the ecu is asking for more fuel than the engine can handle. because when it doesn't go into limp mode is a complete animal. maybe too fast

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah mate. 3 times, the last fuel filter change was last week, to a genuine Vauxhall filter, no difference

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting to the point now where it's trying get a new re map and turn it down a bit or sell the car :cry:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wouldn't have a clue where to look for that mate. if you could explain where I'll is I could take a look

·
Premium Member
14,617 Posts
You need to pull the intank pump out of the fuel tank, it has a filter screen attached to it to help prevent the pump from sucking up all the crap in the tank, if its blocked you will suffer with low fuel pressure at high rpm. No it cant be replaced but you can easily clean it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sounds mad but when I took it to another garage he put a snap on code reader on it come up low fuel pressure. maybe that's it mate. but would the car need the diesel re bleeding. cheers

·
Premium Member
14,617 Posts
All you need to do to prime the system is switch the ignition on letting the intank pump run, once you hear it stop repeat the process, do it about 6 times, that should be enough to purge the system.
The fault you have relates to low fuel pressure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks mate your a legend, you've give me hope !! ;) I'm gonna have my mate have a look at it tomorrow if he has time. I'll keep you posted mate. again thanks for your help it is appreciated mate:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good shout by Andy on that tank filter. Looks like the filter and crud in the tank can cause that code:

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-249337.html

I was thinking oil vacuum pump sucking fuel on the engine bay fuel filter line might show any blockage or air.

What about the leak off pipes. I know I always bring these up but that could mess with the rail pressure. Cheap enough to replace just to rule out air getting in. (does it start okay this car?)

What about fuel rail pressure sensor be nice to see that working in opcom and see what values it's reporting. Don't know the proper way to test that but someone else on here might. Guessing multi-meter or unplugging injectors and monitoring pressure on cranking, someone must know how?

Thing that gets me is that the symptoms sound turbo or boost solenoid related to me but the code is not reflecting that. If it's been mapped on the sports button chances are that map is requesting more boost in sports mode. If the car worked okay before all this started then don't get another map as you won't solve the issue and it will come back.

I've had it before where limp mode codes are not stored so by the time you read the code they are cleared. Re-create the fault get limp mode or until it clears but keep the car running and scan it. Opcom(vauxcom) is the best for scanning but can be a bit bulky for scanning on the road when the fault is intermittent. Torque app on android with a little blue tooth adapter has worked well for me too in the past, not as comprehensive as opcom but easier to pull over and use phone when a fault occurs.

Don't these 1.9's suffer from injector wiring plug issues everyone? Would that cause an injector to misbehave and lower fuel pressure in the rail?

Keep at it John and keep us in the loop.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts