Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new here, i need some advice asap please. My daughter has the above, i need to replace the disc's on the rear and fit new pads, can someone give me an how to do run down please.

Many thank

CTR Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
CTR Mark, I have the same car, and this is a rough idea of how to do them (I will say this, Ive never done a vauxhalls yet, only toyota) But im sure its all generally correct... Here goes...

Firstly, Renew both sets of pads and both discs to ensure safe stopping. Not one side etc....

Rear Brake Pad renewal.... 1. Chock the front wheels and jack up the arse of the car, support it on axle stands. Then remove both rear wheels.

2. Fully realese the handbrake and slacken off the adjustment nut to provide slack in the cable.

3. Dissconnect anything to do with the handbrake, itl just parhiss you off otherwise...

4. Unscrew and remove the calipers LOWER mounting bolt, noting that the guide pin is held in by a special clip that you need to keep.

5. Swivel the caliper upwards and withdraw the old pads.

THIS WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO PUT YOUR NEW SHINY DISCS ON. I believe its a case of, slide old ones off, slide new ones on....

6. (muscles required) Push the caliper piston back into the cylinder from whence it came, to make room for the new pads, use a G clamp to keep it there (or anything) and be carefull your master cylinder resovuir dosent overflow.

7. Insert new pads into the holding bracket, and give the BACK of the pad (not the disc touching side, and nothing else) a thin coat of copper grease to stop any noise.

8. Swvel the whole thing back into place, over the new disc, and insert and tighten the lower bolt again.

9. when done both sides, re connect all handbrake stuff, put wheels back on, put car back on driveway etc and check brake fluid level is still ok... press the brake pedal a few times untill it feels normal again.

JOB DONE! Just go easy on the anchors for a hundred miles so they can bed in....

Again, I could be wrong about a few things, I dont know, but its defo not too far off correct, and even so, when your under the car, and its infront of you, you can see a lot of what needs doing and it just takes common sense..... Just please, as its brakes and they are id say, quite important, if you have any doubts, go to a garage. Good luck though.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts