Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I Have a vauxhall astra 1.8 Cd W reg, the engine fault light is on i have just had it mot and they read codes which came up with Inlet Manifold Valve High volts and map sensor. It passed the mot but the light is back on, it runs fine and if it wasnt on you wouldnt know there was a problem but i want to sell it does anybody know what it could be and where the inlet valve sensor is? Also the safe mode on radio is on and reads 7 i cant get it to go of so that i can code it, any clues?:think

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
for the radio,

safe can be displayed for a long time before you enter the code, do a search on here for "radio" and "safe" as its been asked loads of times,

as for the engine prob no idea sorry,

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Re: radio safe message.

After the first two attempts, the waiting time is approx 10 seconds, After this, it increases to 10 minutes. With each further failed attempt after this the waiting time is doubled, reaching 640 minutes by the ninth attempt.

ie,

Attempt 1 - wait 10 secs.
Attempt 2 - wait 10 secs.
Attempt 3 - wait 10 mins.
Attempt 4 - wait 20 mins.
Attempt 5 - wait 40 mins.
Attempt 6 - wait 80 mins. (1 hr 20 mins)
Attempt 7 - wait 160 mins. (2 hrs 40 mins)
Attempt 8 - wait 320 mins. (5 hrs 20 mins)
Attempt 9 - wait 640 mins. (10 hrs 40 mins)

Attempt 10 - landfill.

As you have 7 attempts remaining, (you're at the attempt 3 stage by the sounds of it) all you have to do is wait 10 mins with both the stereo AND ignition left switched on. Once the display shows CODE you can have another go at putting in the code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts