Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 1.8 auto Astra that starts first time every time but the car will not move when put into drive. The display cycles through the gears from D1 to D4 when you press the accelerator but vehicle won’t move. When the display reaches D4 the spanner light illuminates but no codes come up on a reader, the car stays stuck in D4 until I reset the ignition and the display reads normal again with no spanner light. There are no other lights on the gearbox selector other than what has been selected. All transmission fuses check out and I don’t know what else to try. The engine was replaced and since being put back together the car no longer moves but the engine starts fine.

·
18,018 Posts
There is transmission fluid in the gearbox?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m using the foxwell NT650 Elite to read codes but none are coming up, even tried the pedal test with ECN but nothing .. there is fluid in the gearbox which is at the correct level and still red looking with no discolouration or contamination

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Have the drive shafts been put back into the gearbox properly? If one is not in place properly, the engine will drive the box up through the gears, but the ABS will sense the car isn't moving, so will set the fault light.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Then you will need a gm compatible diag tool like Opcom to find out what fault is putting the spanner light on,.. only way to give you a pointer towards what may be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts