Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil pump on my astra 1.7cdti has gone just wondered before I crack on if anyone has attempted this job if so any tips would be most appreciated

·
14,114 Posts
No, so some photos would be welcome when you do have a go at it.

Reactions: Westy1600

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
From memory, you have to drop the sump to do the job properly.
As the oil pump is driven by the cam belt, it's a good time to fit a new belt and idler/tensioner pulleys as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers @ Alan G H
I'm just looking in the manual yep exhaust, sump, plus pulleys , it's just had timing belt done in summer also just fitted a brand new turbo 3 weeks ago , need to make a sprocket holding tool , and crack on I think.
The only thing that bothers me is the timing set up but I will mark it all up before I remove anything and pray :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
If your car is an Astra H the timing is easy. From memory, an 8mm bolt screwed through a hole in the cam sprocket, and line up the mark on the crank pulley with the mark on the oil pump casing. The fuel pump doesn't need timing.
You will need to hold crank somehow to undo the centre bolt in the front pulley (possibly jam something in the flywheel ring gear).
If you are thinking of a sprocket holding tool for the oil pump, I just use a long socket on to one of the mouting bolts, through one of the holes in the sprocket, with a long extension to hold it square.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the book it says once the timing belt is back on you have to take out the m8 locking bolt and turn crank anti clockwise 60 degrees then clockwise to set the tensioner I dont know what 60 degree is lol

·
14,114 Posts
60 degrees is a third of half a turn.

Reactions: Alan G H
1 - 8 of 8 Posts