Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t auto SRI NAV
16,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to service my car in a few weeks time. Does anyone know if it has a changeable fuel filter?
Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have an Astra H 1.6 2004 as far as I know I have never seen a fuel filter on the car. It is not mentioned in Haynes. Don't think anyone has mentioned it here. So why was the H not fitted with a fuel filter?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi
all cars have a fuel filter sometimes in the engine bay or sometimes under the car iv just changed one on an astra g 2004 and it was underneath the car on passenger side under rear door,the easiest thing to do is simply follow the fuel lines from the engine bay and you will come across it eventually,you definitely need to change fuel filter though if your gonna do a full service,only cheap to buy and easy to fit.

·
Premium Member
16,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark,
As far as I can gather the petrol H has one in the tank, which is not an easy change. That's why I was wondering if it had an easy changeable inline one too. Like the G.
Owners manual states 4 years or 40,000 mile change interval for the fuel filter. Why vaux have not updated that?

·
Premium Member
16,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maca,
Yep, I changed it on my previous G too. Think the Zaf also has a changeable 1 too. H's in the tank, I think. Not an easy diy change.

·
Premium Member
16,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me the petrol H should have a changeable filter. Not relying on just the tank filter. Would be a pain to change if blocked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts