Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , newbie with a problem.
I have a 2003 astra 1.6 8v.
From cold the engine runs fine , NO warning lights but wont rev over 3500 revs.
Its like it's hitting a rev limiter .
No loss of power just wont rev.
Has anyone had the same problem,
It looks like it's had a new cam sensor, air temp sensor , coil pack coolant temp sensor, fuel filter!! Egr has been blanked.

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
First check would be with a vac gauge on the inlet manifold to check for clogged cat/restricted exhaust

Reactions: loffty01

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has vacuum to the throttle body, I've taken out the oxy sensor and revved the engine, NO difference

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
Does the spanner light come on and go out with the ignition on only?

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
It has been disabled because it's on. That's why it's limited to 3500rpm. You need to get it on a gm scanner. My guess is your gonna see either p0340 or p1120/p1122.

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
The ecu on this engines prone to failure giving cam sensor codes or throttle / accelerator codes. Where about are you?

·
Premium Member
16,258 Posts
Do you know anyone with a code reader. Failing that. If you have a Windows laptop buy opcom and do it yourself

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure I can find someone with the gear to plug me in, I will post as soon as I find out to let others know , cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After clearing all the fault codes only one has come back , Crankshaft sensor . Someone has already fitted a new one but the lad said the timming may just be out a bit so going to try and sort that out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts