Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

after finally sourcing all parts i needed to fix airbox, ive now done oil flush, and filter with new oil. air filter, and repaired airbox mountings. Changed spark plugs, ht leads, and egr gasket and valve. I dont have any fault codes showing, but it still occasionally surges. e.g:-

on motorway sit at 60, and you can feel it hesitate.

on tickover the revs vary slightly up and down.

ive had it read again, and no codes. Is there anyhting i can do to stop this please?

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
I recon it could settle down - you need to check the breathers as already said - but if it was in a state you may have to wait for the whole engine to settle down - i would say it will get better ever time its 'driven right' - very often granny and grandad cars play up when driven right
regards
Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for replies,

ive got the mayonnaise prob, but have followed the excellent advice on here and done the radiator blocking mod. Had new thermo, water pump, cooling system flushed, cam belt tensioners, auxilary belt and tensioners etc all done 2 weeks before xmas. Obviously mayonnaise gunk still present but not as bad. this last few weeks ive done several long motorway runs, and gunk almost clear. Have had breather pipes apart to check they are clear, and got rid of all crap out of cam cover.

where is the map sensor? also do some of these astras have two lamda sensors? Got the dreaded mot tomorrow aswell, so that will give me the emissions readings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.