1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this forum so hi everyone :)
Car details :
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Petrol 2012
Miles on the clock 4945
Gearbox f40
My clutch its very stiff/Hard to Press its been only replaced in July, and since that i done only about 1800 of Miles, i had it checked twice with vauxhall and they Say there is nothing wrong with it, i went today to my local garage and mechanic said the clutch feels like its only got 30/40% of clutch life left? How can this be possible?
The Best thing is that the clutch start to become very heavy after 2 days of replacing So it was only light for 2 days.
Can anyone give me an idea what can i do with them? They keep ingoring me im thinking about making an complain as its cant be right that the clutch its fu*ked after 1800 of miles馃槧馃槧

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure on the invoice i got
Clutch Kit -Rebuilt
Slave Cylinder,Clutch
Screw Fillister Head
Screw
O-Ring

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I had also had another issue with my rear brake pads been very noisy and they checked it twice and said there is nothing wrong and then i went to my local garage to find out that the one of the brake pad was not fitted correctly so im going there tomorrow again and im gonna bring up the incorrect brake pad installation too and see what they say if they still refuse to get this sorted for me im going to call Vauxhall Customer Service .

Premium Member
It's probably best to put it all into writing to the service manager, explain what you've had done, reasons why you are not happy, that you expect a clutch to last at least a year within normal driving conditions, you took the repairs in good faith. Ask how he would be prepared to remedy the situation. As you've already tried the face to face approach. Then at least you have it all in writing if you decide to take it any further.
If you don't get anywhere with them, then try the Vauxhall customer services route.
The clutch should not be stiff with your car either.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I havent tried face to face approach yet i will be doing that tomorrow , i collected a letter today from my garage which says that the clutch does not work properly , and also i can prove them they been wrong when they said there is nothinh wrong with my brake pads and they were not fitted properly i got letter for that aswell so will see what they say

1 - 9 of 9 Posts