Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
15,923 Posts
Will see if our local Asda has some later.
The girlfriend's Chevvy Spark is due an oil change soon so it would be good timing.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
15,923 Posts
Not on offer with us.

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
392 Posts
Maybe of interest Carlube triple r 5 w 30 fully synthetic Dexos 2
2 spec oil £8.50 4lr at Asda
nice one mate, cheers for the heads up. will be straight down to my local when I get paid in the morning. Also good at doing Redex for £2.00 a bottle now and then. needless to say, I clear the shelf (y)

·
15,923 Posts
I notice that the image I posted and the image of the one where someone has found it at the offer price are different. Look at the colour on the left hand side of the label, wonder why that is?

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
392 Posts
I notice that the image I posted and the image of the one where someone has found it at the offer price are different. Look at the colour on the left hand side of the label, wonder why that is?
your pic is for peugeot / citreon, andymanhole780s is for Vaux / Opel?

·
15,923 Posts
Well spotted.
They only had that 5W30 there anyway, no gap where any had sold out.

Reactions: bar72

·
15,923 Posts
Went back tonight to take another look and there are 4 different 5W30 fully synthetic but they are all £20, supposedly reduced from £29.

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
1,051 Posts
I did a service 6 months ago and used the 5w30 c3 from tesco and will never use again due to how black it went within a week then really thin within 5-6 months,engine seemed to run louder and less power,always get the better brand oil from ebay or euros with the code ,i ended up paying £23 for castrol edge and car feels and drives better

·
Registered
209 Posts
years ago when i first got my 535d ,it was getting bmw oil.
about 7 quid per litre bottle,
it needed just under 8 bottles
brilliant i thought
anyway ,it was black the very next day.
seriously , thats all it takes to change colour

·
15,923 Posts
Don't you mean takes longer?

Diesel oil never stays clean for long, petrol cars run much cleaner so the oil stays clean for much longer.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
If the oil goes black quickly, then the detergents in the oil are doing their job correctly.

Reactions: Fred Bassett
1 - 20 of 24 Posts