Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of interest, does anyone know if using threadlock on an ariel mast will affect radio reception??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Depends on what type of thread lock you are using,

If it is tape bound system then only rap the tape around the last three threads of the arial that way the remaining five will still make contact that will pass the signal,

If it is the water base type then little more difficult, as long as you get it wound in fast enought then you shouldn't have a problem

Why do you want to put thread lock on the arial anyway?? If you think that it is going to be stolen then best thing to do is put it on and rap a cloth around it and grip it with a pair of wide pliers and do up another half turn Max from hand tight BGe careful not to over tighten and sheer the thread off,

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..
I don't use a carwash, so that won't be a problem....As for why I want to do it, I have had 2 stolen in the last couple of months. I tried doing the second one up with pliers yet it was still taken. At the moment, I am removing the mast at night, but I quie often forget to put it back on! So I thought that threadlock may be the answer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts