Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was pondering today, is the common chav a permanent part of our institution from here on in?

Will they fade away like the mods, rockers, punks, new romantics, ravers etc did before them, or does the fact that the chav has no particular musical routes and connections make him the more timeless form of group/type?

Discuss.

·
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GREYDJ said:
Put it another way. When did chavs first appear?
Officially as far as the 'label' goes? Not sure TBH.

The name was first kicked about around the time I joined this site a couple of years ago.

But dodgy looking runts with hoods and ill fitting tracksuits roamed the cities long before THAT I guess.

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
chavs is just the new name for hooligans,,,,,,,i think they have allways been here

·
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BILLY R said:
chavs is just the new name for hooligans,,,,,,,i think they have allways been here
But not with this dress-code and Ali G speak.

·
CavWebs Thin lizzy Dude
599 Posts
I think there are still small quantities of all sorts somewhere or another, don't know how many chavs will remain after the 'popularity' goes.

Around near where I live there is a guy who think's he's Elvis (Prestley not Costello)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Domski said:
I think there are still small quantities of all sorts somewhere or another, don't know how many chavs will remain after the 'popularity' goes.

Around near where I live there is a guy who think's he's Elvis (Prestley not Costello)
people want to be a chav? :eh hard to comprehend!

patty u forget the trousers down by my knee showing my pants off look as well i find it feckin funny watchin em walk along thinkin there 'da man'

·
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But the chav movement seems such a faceless and colourless one to me, maybe intentionally so.

It clearly has no roots or common interest, other than being the ideal thing for the no-hoper teen losers to all tag along with in a sheep-like manner to be a more powerful force due to the large numbers.

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
But not with this dress-code and Ali G speak.

fair enough paul

so yes what the fook are they all about?

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Hustle cracked me up the other day :lmao: The little kid chav rapper

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
would compulsary service in the forces sort em out?

how bouts:

if you are under 25
havent had a job for x amount of time and are claiming benefits
then you are forced into doing service - you can force them by getting them to sign a form when they collect there benefits every week agreeing to terms and conditions

surely that would get the scroungers among them out of the woodwork then you only have to sort out the ones who have jobs?

·
Registered
102 Posts
What gets me is that they seem to revel in the fact that they are chavs, personally if I looked and acted like that, I would'nt leave the house for embaresment..

·
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BILLY R said:
so yes what the fook are they all about?
Well that's just it for me really, they aren't ABOUT anything,........and yet they're always around and VERY easy to spot/label.

·
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
daddy cav said:
Hustle cracked me up the other day :lmao: The little kid chav rapper
The one at the beginning? :lmao:

But they really do TALK like that!! :eh :grrr

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
Domski said:
Aren't they just kids with nowt better to do?

Maybe they'll all grow out of it?

yes they may just grow out of it,,,,,but were talking real yobs here!
there is a big knife culture in our towns now and i recon these halfwits play a big part in this

1 - 20 of 72 Posts