Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased some Astra SXI 16" alloys and was wondering if someone would check the size/tyre dimemsions of their spare wheel for me.

I currently have 205/50/16's on the car but the spare is a mere 175/65/14 or similar. I would ideally like a 16" steel spare.

Can someone let me know what spare the SXI has please...

Dean

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Sounds about right. The profile of the spare tyre is greater to allow for the smaller wheel. So the overall circumferance is the same as your existing roadwheels and tyres.

Your spare is classed as a "get you to the nearest garage" (or temporary spare)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have recently purchased some Astra SXI 16" alloys and was wondering if someone would check the size/tyre dimemsions of their spare wheel for me.

I currently have 205/50/16's on the car but the spare is a mere 175/65/14 or similar. I would ideally like a 16" steel spare.

Can someone let me know what spare the SXI has please...

Dean

They have a 15" spare with a 195-60-15 tyre on it mate

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i dont even think they make 16" steel wheels,

the spare on all cars with alloys are a "get to the nearest garage and reapir" type wheel,

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Sounds about right. Your spare is classed as a "get you to the nearest garage" (or temporary spare)
Sorry, I misread your post as saying you have recently purchased an Astra SXI that has 16" alloys and was wondering if someone would check the size/tyre dimemsions of their spare wheel for me.

Still, it's not uncommon these days to have a smaller spare. As I mentioned earlier, as long as the overall circumferance is the same, the wheel can be any diameter as long as the profile of the tyre is greater to make up the difference.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, only reason I asked is coz we have 16" Alloys on the work Astra H's and the spare is just a steel equivilant size wize.

Thanks for your help!

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Yes, on my H I opted for the full size spare. However, the alloys are 18's and the spare is either 15 or 16. On the g's they're space savers, unless you picked that option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts