Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
the stoplock pro from what i can see wont take 20 seconds to remove, but the disklok has got to be more secure.

only problem with the disklok is its size :( theres no slotting that down the side of your seat!!

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eddieace said:
the stoplock pro from what i can see wont take 20 seconds to remove, but the disklok has got to be more secure.

only problem with the disklok is its size :( theres no slotting that down the side of your seat!!
The size doesn't bother me as I'm mostly on my own in the car anyway and can always use the boot when I have to.

IIRC in an Autoexpress test a few years ago Stoplock Pro took about 3 mins to remove by professionals.... but Disklok was unbeatable with manual tools.

·
15,300 Posts
I use one, its a VERY visual deterent!
Takes only a second or two to fit/remove after afew goes, and happily lives in the rear footwell on the drivers side.
You can easily reach round with one hand to put it there and remove it while sitting in the drivers seat.
It sits pretty much perfectly too so doesnt rattle atall.
Dont be tempted to get the flashy silver or chrome ones though..... I heard people get them and say "they blend in with my car nicely"
Get the yellow one that sticks out like a sour thumb, its there to be seen, not to blend in :lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dest said:
Takes only a second or two to fit/remove after afew goes, and happily lives in the rear footwell on the drivers side.
You can easily reach round with one hand to put it there and remove it while sitting in the drivers seat.
Dont be tempted to get the flashy silver or chrome ones though..... I heard people get them and say "they blend in with my car nicely"
Get the yellow one that sticks out like a sour thumb, its there to be seen, not to blend in :lmao:
Cheers Dest :Cool2:

Other than Halfords & Argos, any idea who sells them? Looking for the cheapest price.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
I find that driving an old Vauxhall is deterent enough to most car thieves.

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Dest said:

Ditto that mate:up: Swear by mine, and store it where Dest does his too :lmao: Mine is silver though as it was on special offer at Halfrauds.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
auto express on the stoplock pro reckons 47 seconds now, can't get a link as i'm not registered.

i like these 'professionals' they use

are they proper crims or people who think they know about car security?

·
15,300 Posts
Its approx 6 mins.
If you are handy with a welder, or know someone who is, you can do an easy mod to them to make them even stronger

·
15,300 Posts
First off, a stoplock pro is pretty much fixed to the wheel (doesnt move freely without moving the wheel too) so all you are doing by using one of those is to give the theif some extra leverage to break the steering lock.
Also, a couple of mins with a hacksaw and there would be a handy gap in the wheel to just slide it off :lmao:
Total waste of time IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dest said:
Check this out too, just found it while hunting for some pics of the disklok mod (sadly they are gone, but found this rather interesting link!)

http://www.mobi-click.co.uk/
Cool - sounds like a good idea :Cool2:

I doubt it would work for me though - by the time I'd run down to my flat car park it'd probably be too late!

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Some of you might know I used to work in a prison with juveniles. Most of which where in for TWOCs.
So say them - THIS is the biggest deterrent

You don't fix it on normally like you would over your wheel. You fix it on the bottom of your wheel and let it dangle to the floor. I'd tell you why thats good, but it'd be giving people ideas.

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
I have 2.

1 on the daily drive, not 'cos it's worth anything, it's just the hassle of it being nicked and having to replace it etc...
The other is on the Turbo, plus I bought a proper Disklok storage bag for the disklok website (£9.99 delivered) which goes in the boot and velco's itself to the carpet stopping it slide around.

Worth thier money a hundred times over.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts