Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all as per title:)
Soooo,had the meriva 1.6 enjoy in with Vaux yesterday for a cambelt kit change & thermostat replacement which they couldn't do because top engine mount bolts are seized (i was hoping the thermostat change would fix my electrical warning light and limp home mode)
They also op commed it, which ruled out the thermostat being the cause anyway even though it's knackered so ill look into putting an inline one in as people have done before so if anyone could point me in the right direction for that id be grateful.
Op com suggested it was either the throttle position sensor,ecu or wiring so they replaced sensor for a new one which didn't fix it(fortunately they removed it and replaced with existing one without charging me)
So ive been looking online for an ecu testing/repair place and have found several but wonder if you guys have used any of these companies and could suggest one for me?
Bit sick off car now tbh,but as ive only just recently bought it,and paid on on testing and cambelt,im not about to give up now as its a fundamentally good low mileage car excluding the above problems.
Thankyou for any advice you can give me.
Jason.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha thanks! this is one of the companies I've found and bookmarked,look quite good so may go with these unless someone else chimes in.
TY jason.

·
Super Moderator
14,642 Posts
i had a throttle body off them about 7 years ago, sent knackered one to them, had a recon replacement within 3 days (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool,they seem like a good company so looks like their be getting some of my rapidly dwindling £££;)
Im in Gloucestershire andy.
ty
j

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou Vince.Looks like these guys are getting the vote and my ecu next week:) Praying that cures my problem:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes Though the sensor was replaced without change so tech reckons it must be the ecu or wiring loom itself.Im convinced its the ecu though from what ive learned here.eg car runs fine until warm then the magic light comes on.Ty j

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I used ECU testing for my LET Astra and there was no fault with my ECU and was charged £70 which was all stated before I sent it. They have a lot of positive reviews.
Go on there website and see the list of common fault Vauxhall ECU's allthough its no secret the 1.6 ECU can be poor for failing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks gashy:)
yes ill send it in next week as its almost certainly @ fault as if it were the wiring it wouldnt happen only when engine warms up.Bit of shame after all this as i still wont have a working thermostat but worse things happen @ see eh?
Cheers
j
I used ECU testing for my LET Astra and there was no fault with my ECU and was charged £70 which was all stated before I sent it. They have a lot of positive reviews.
Go on there website and see the list of common fault Vauxhall ECU's allthough its no secret the 1.6 ECU can be poor for failing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update,been in touch with ecu testing thanks guys who suggested them:)
About to remove ecu and will send off monday.
In the meantime ill look for any outside/visible problems with it or the wiring.
Fingers crossed.:)
j

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Weirdness continues.....
Soooo did a test run to make sure i could remove the esc.wiring loom and terminals looked fine but did give them a shot of spray Then reassembled as i need car tomorrow & guess what? so far so good.
Certain it won't last but have done several small test drives so far , which would of guaranteed a warning and limp-home mode before.
Nice to have a normal drive for the moment though, do i keep my fingers crossed or shell out more and get it sent off anyway...
Will see what tomorrows journeys bring:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! The pessimist in me says it won't last, but my bank balance hopes it does;) Either way @ least now i know that i did by a nice driving car when it isn't playing up;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi helijay.

i'm going through hell at the moment with a tigra b with a throttle fault. I suspect mine is a water ingress shorting issue. If you have had water ingress it may well be a loom problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks john.
Well after 88 miles the problems recurred:(
Hear what you're saying re the loom but my money is still on the ecu being @ fault as these merivas seem prone to the problem.
Ah well guess ill have to send it off for testing and see what they come back with .
Thanks.
jason

1 - 20 of 25 Posts