Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the owner is a little optimistic about the power claims possible from the minimal modifications listed.

The car has been modified as you can see by the pictures! but also includes engine mods with the car producing around 380bhp.
Modifications include:
Full Stainless Powerflow 4" exhaust
Ecotek Valve
Power boost valve
K & N cone filter
EBC Green brake pads & discs
2 Gauges: Voltmeter & Vacuum
Tinted Windows
Body Kit
Boot Spoiler
18" Reflex alloys
Blue neons under the car

Yours to buy on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-VAUXHALL...27QQihZ013QQcategoryZ9858QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also being discussed on b arry boys which appears to be a censored word on here for some reason? :shake

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Hmmmmmm, call me sceptical :shake

Ive just asked :Hi, Does your friend have a Rolling Road graph to back up his claim that the car is producing 280 bhp. also could you please ask him what turbo, intercooler and ecu map he is using to achieve that sort of power. plus where he got the work done. Thanks.

Stick up the link for ba77yboys and we can just fill in the stars

·
Registered
110 Posts
140 standard on a good day, so another 240 on top, from an air filter, an ecotek, and a powe boost valve. The Powerflow is probably costing him power, as the back pressure on them is not too good (read nil)...

By his logic my 2.0 is making 200bhp from the new plugs, leads, panel filter and meguiars ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
The air filter intake is inside the bonnet so it's only getting hot air that's come through the radiator. It's not taking in cool air from in front of it like the standard air box does so that's going to cost him power from standard.

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
Full Stainless Powerflow 4" exhaust +1bhp
Ecotek Valve +1bhp
Power boost valve +1bhp
K & N cone filter +1bhp
EBC Green brake pads & discs um... its stops quicker...
2 Gauges: Voltmeter & Vacuum +20bhp
Tinted Windows +10bhp
Body Kit +20bhp
Boot Spoiler +20bhp
18" Reflex alloys +20bhp
Blue neons under the car +150bhp

with all this and 130bhp as standard he must be about right on the bhp! lol

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
140 standard on a good day, so another 240 on top, from an air filter, an ecotek, and a powe boost valve. The Powerflow is probably costing him power, as the back pressure on them is not too good (read nil)...

By his logic my 2.0 is making 200bhp from the new plugs, leads, panel filter and meguiars ;)

That meguiars is slippery stuff, less drag! lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow,

That must mean my 2.5 V6 has close to 475bhp !, without any mods :)

Why did they bother producing the Lotus Carlton when just a few mods will produce 380bhp !

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Wow,

That must mean my 2.5 V6 has close to 475bhp !, without any mods :)

Why did they bother producing the Lotus Carlton when just a few mods will produce 380bhp !
I have an Omega engine, skimmed, tuned, ecu remapped and so on...2.5/3.0 V6 and it produces maybe 240-270 BHP...this guy must be a miracle worker! :bananasmi

·
Registered
18 Posts
never seen such a pile of poo lol maybee he means the powerflow cost £380 and with that mantle peice fixed to the front end it wud need 380bhp to move !!

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
there is no way that is producing that really? Certainly not with that mileage! And where is the ICE install? At least his carpets and seats are clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts