Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new phone for work and as usual the ringtones are naff, asked me other half to send me one from her phone and when it came through it had come through as a text saying "You have been sent a picture message by ***********. Open it at www.vodafone.co.uk/livestudio. Your password is ********." So I thought thats something to do with how she is sending it!?
Anyway, I then went on Play.com and bought one from there and when it came through and I tried to "Retrieve" it my phone beeped at me and said "GPRS connection not available!" WTF!??? The ringtone is in my phone in he "Service inbox" but cant open it!?
Phone is a Nokia 3100 and is polytone and picture compatible (According to the instruction book)
But the booklet aint much help either!:lmao: :rolleyes:

·
VxON's Lil Devil
340 Posts
When you go to connect to the internet through your phone will it do that?

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
go to www.vodaphone.co.uk and there should be some link somewhere which you click, give them your mob # and phone type, and they'll send you a message which will set GPRS up. It don't normally work if the phone is unlocked though

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
can`t she bluetooth it to you???? rather than go on the website???

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Buy a data lead for your phone if it's not got bluetooth then go to acegames, a free mobile content site, and register free on their forum. You'll then be able to download ringtones, wallpapers, screensavers, themes and other such items for free.:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
First off Paul, let me know the phone model you have. Ringtones can come in many guises, and as to which you you have depends on what format ringtone needs to be in.

If you can supply me with the phone info, (yours and your other halfs), I'll get you sorted with the relevant stuff, and if necessary software too.

Cheers

Alan

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slac_Mac said:
First off Paul, let me know the phone model you have. Ringtones can come in many guises, and as to which you you have depends on what format ringtone needs to be in.

If you can supply me with the phone info, (yours and your other halfs), I'll get you sorted with the relevant stuff, and if necessary software too.

Cheers

Alan
Mine is a nokia 3100 (as said above) my other halfs is nokia 6170:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Hi Paul

Your phone won't understand .mp3, mpeg4 or 3gp. as you have already found out.

Your other halfs phone however will do the lot.

For you to get ring tones they will need to be in either .amr, .mid,

I have the relevant software that can convert mp3's to amr. Which will also shorten the mp3 to just the intro or any part of the orginal file.

So let me know if you need anything via email, it will be tomorrow before I can do anything though. As regards to the software due to piracy and copyright I can't give you a copy :p

Further details via email ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts