Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving up!!!! :bust: :bust:

Omg it my 1st day today.My last fag was about half 12 last night before bed.Been fine really at work but could bleedin murder one now!

Been thinking to myself ahh i like smoking who cares if i smoke??!!

But then theres a few blokes at work who sit in the smoke room,in there late 50's id say,obviously smoke most of there life who literally are constantly caughing!! there skins old and in all honesty they'd pass for being atleast 10 years older!
I dont want that!

Or any of the other dieses that goes with having a quick puff :lmao:

Also realised when i got in my car at dinner time how much it stunk of stale fags!! So if i do manage to give up, No one will be smoking in her anymore!

Wish me luck :up:

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
Good luck mate, the girlfriend gave up 2 years ago now, with a gentle push from me, shes much better for it now.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Good luck :Cool2: I gave up last October, it isnt always easy but it is worth it. I found that its the habit which is the hardest thing to break so try and keep busy

R

·
0 Posts
i would if could but i cant,, when i got my veccy i decided not to smoke in it. i lasted a whole day too! so now its just wen im stuck in traffic

·
vxon's biggest *****
213 Posts
ive tried numerous times but always fail after about 6 hours :shame:

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
i was out on saturday night for a heavy drinking binge. i must have smoked about 20 odd fags and when i woke up on sunday morning i could hardly breath:down: so i decided that was it!, i cant just stop at the click of a finger, so i have been smoking menthol's since sunday. i have only bought 3 packs since then so am slowly starting to smoke less

i am giving my self till the end of the month to cut down and be weed free:Cool2:
its not easy but i am determained:grrr

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good luck hun, I did it 2 years ago, I never thought I'd do it, but being preggers I had no choice. I miss it sometimes especially the fat kind;) , but I'm determind, I feel sooo much better.

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Will do 1 day ;)
Not sure bout the fat kind tho, ever.....................

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Reckon i will be giving up in the next few weeks or so tbh. I used to really enjoy a cig after work with a pint or when i used to be on the buses at the end of a run. Now, because pretty much all hospitals are non smoking and smoking in an ambulance is a strict, intantly sackable offence, i tend to only smoke one on the way to work and a couple when i get home.
Don't drink often now so find i am buying less and less smokes, time to kick it i think.

·
I dont fear the Reaper, Reaper fears me
6,869 Posts
My Gf gave up, pretty easily to be honest,,,,,,,, she did do it b4 but started due to her mum being ill... but i think i moaned at her about it so she decided to give up and has been for a good few months now!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Gave up for about 3 weeks, then started again :shame: but going to give it another go next week. So fingers crossed

R

·
0 Posts
if i stop the missus smokein all my weed ill save a fortune so theres no need for me 2 give up just yet, is there?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i gave up about a year ago after my lung collapsed, and tbh wasnt as hard as i thought it would be,
i still wouldnt mind having one now but wouldnt do it,

quite a few ppl i now are giving up now, must be that time of year of something...

good luck :up:

·
Dave
3,886 Posts
i tryed last week i went about 5 days and one night i had some beers and just started again wish i didnt as ive tryed stopping this week but just find its too hard now and i dont know why

·
Banned
0 Posts
patty said:
Good luck hun, I did it 2 years ago, I never thought I'd do it, but being preggers I had no choice. I miss it sometimes especially the fat kind;) , but I'm determind, I feel sooo much better.
Good on you for quitting whilst preggers, so many women just don't bother these days :(

1 - 20 of 57 Posts