Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since changing my front wishbones ive noticed a strange ratting over uneven road surfaces, at first i thought it was worn bushes on the droplinks so i replaced the bushes but its still the same..........

The only thing that i think may be wrong is that the droplinks dont line up centrally with the hole in the wishbone and have to be pushed inwards to get them in? has anyone else had experience of this?

I think i'll get some new droplinks and fit them further onto the anti roll bar so that they line up better?

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
they dont line up? is something bent? the only other thing i can think of (assuming that this noise was not there beofre you did the wishbones) is that you didnt use sleeves for the wishbone bushes - THIS IS NOT A CUE FOR A DEBATE ON THE USE OF SLEEVES!!:lmao:

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i did use the sleeves but that shouldnt make a difference though, all i can assume is that the hole in the new wishbones is in a slightly different position?.

it can be solved by fitting new drop links onto the roll bar but slightly further on, i just wandered if anyone else had come across this?

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
never come accross that before but i will bear it in mind, cos if its a problem, i will be the person that one day it happens to. the eternal optomist!!:lmao:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
could it be that since fitting the new wishbones you just hear a noise that was masked before? Did you use new bolts when fitting the wishbones and do them up funking tight? Its imperative new bolts are used..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts