Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Automatic Door Locking System is not working in my Mervia - i think it is also called the anti-theft / anti-hijacking system (automatically locks the doors once driving at about 5mph) Today the symbol (door with a key) lit up red on my dash and continually beeped. I followed instructions on the manual and put on the childlocks which stopped the beeping but the dash is still lit up. The central locking continually tries to activate throughout the drive (as i am slowing or stopping at lights) The doors appear to be secure. A new battery was put in the car approx 2 months ago and it has worked fine ever since. This is completely random. Does anyone know anything that could cause this?

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I know it may sound a stupid question but have you checked the battery in the key fob and the buttons aren't loose on the circuit board?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it may sound a stupid question but have you checked the battery in the key fob?
Yep and I have used both keys just to check. I have been using it all day and it was fine. Left it for 10 mins then got back in to drive home and that was it. Constant beeping and the warning light. Other than the locks going on and off the doors appear to be secure

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i had a look through the manual. It really only tells u that there is a fault and to take it to a garage . I was trying to avoid that but i cant find anything about it online. I was hoping it would be something simple that i could sort myself. Thank u for all of ur help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
......Update......
Just for future reference if anyone else has this problem here is the outcome......

The electrics guy plugged it in and it came up with a B2524 code meaning The right rear autolock switch circuit stuck. The guy was as confused as us and he is the professional lol. He had never heard of this, nothing he had access to had any information on it. He was going to try find the answer and get back to us.

So we knew what door it was but still no answer. As a stupid comment to my husband i said just punch the bloody thing... It might help ... And it did. Hey presto the problem is fixed. A few hours earlier we also put some WD40 into the locks. He hit the inside of the door, near the front, still on the coloured part of the door panel (hope that makes sense).

Honestly this has been the worst issue to find an answer to. No-one had ever even seen that light on a dashboard before let alone how to fix it.

Best of luck

·
"Red One.."
2,884 Posts
......Update......
Just for future reference if anyone else has this problem here is the outcome......

The electrics guy plugged it in and it came up with a B2524 code meaning The right rear autolock switch circuit stuck. The guy was as confused as us and he is the professional lol. He had never heard of this, nothing he had access to had any information on it. He was going to try find the answer and get back to us.

So we knew what door it was but still no answer. As a stupid comment to my husband i said just punch the bloody thing... It might help ... And it did. Hey presto the problem is fixed. A few hours earlier we also put some WD40 into the locks. He hit the inside of the door, near the front, still on the coloured part of the door panel (hope that makes sense).

Honestly this has been the worst issue to find an answer to. No-one had ever even seen that light on a dashboard before let alone how to fix it.

Best of luck
Just come across this post - glad you got it fixed to some degree. From previously working as a tech within a VX dealership I have seen this light on the dashes on these Meriva-B's, and have replaced two rear door lock assemblies for that very fault on seperate cars.

The door lock setup on these Meriva's is very OTT, as soon as a lock fails then the light/warning persistently goes off, purely due to the suicide rear doors being physically unlocked whilst driving, and the danger this brings if someone were to open one whilst moving.

Reactions: CLMuir and Valer
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.