Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are second hand cars in Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland cheaper than the rest of UK?

·
Super Moderator
26,855 Posts
Well Ireland is on Euros so you’d need to convert , as for Northern Ireland I’ve never checked.
I tend not to complicate matters with cars , stick with my mantra of paying a few quid more for decent unmolested motor.
Cheapness can be a cruel mistress indeed , sometimes leaving you wishing you hadn’t been weak.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Well Ireland is on Euros so you’d need to convert , as for Northern Ireland I’ve never checked.
I tend not to complicate matters with cars , stick with my mantra of paying a few quid more for decent unmolested motor.
Cheapness can be a cruel mistress indeed , sometimes leaving you wishing you hadn’t been weak.
Yeah I keep learning that lesson when I buy stuff on Ebay especially in the last six months or so. Avoid any chinese sellers like the uuumm well yanno.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I find cars from up north are considerably cheaper than down here in the south but sometimes to cost to collect them out ways local prices but still the cars up north seam to be in much better condition too

·
Super Moderator
26,855 Posts
I find cars from up north are considerably cheaper than down here in the south but sometimes to cost to collect them out ways local prices but still the cars up north seam to be in much better condition too
I always avoid “ by the seaside motors “ lol 😂

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Not as rusty either 🤔👍

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, my wallet is going to take a real beating soon so I am starting to plan to replace the family car with an even bigger car but my goodness 8 seater vehicles are just so expensive. . . VW Caravelle and V class merc are both well north of £50k.

I was currently looking at this as I didnt want a family bus that looks dull and boring but lets see.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a 8 seater car / van?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Well the green one looks freekin PHAT ... I'd be buying that 1 💚😊👌

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
👆👆👆👆The grey one is just as nice though 🤔 how tunable are they?

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turns out its a limited Verossi edition called VR46 with 170bhp that can be mapped to 200bhp. . . interesting for a van . . .

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
And that's probably just a stage one map with no modifications 🤔😎

·
Likes this.
11,154 Posts
And that's probably just a stage one map with no modifications 🤔😎
Yeah, more than likely.

I've been looking at remaps for my Leon. A stage one from Revo takes it from 181bhp to around 230bhp and an extra 100ish lbft!! :)

To be fair I'm in no mad rush to do that, it's plenty quick enough as it is!

·
Likes this.
11,154 Posts
Turns out its a limited Verossi edition called VR46 with 170bhp that can be mapped to 200bhp. . . interesting for a van . . .
That's a Valentino Rossi limited edition. Only 500 made :)

·
Super Moderator
26,855 Posts
If your going to buy the transit go big with no regrets & go green.
You can then say your doing your bit for the environment 😂

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Yeah, more than likely.

I've been looking at remaps for my Leon. A stage one from Revo takes it from 181bhp to around 230bhp and an extra 100ish lbft!! :)

To be fair I'm in no mad rush to do that, it's plenty quick enough as it is!
That's a good power gain from a stage 1..🤔 I'd be getting that done ASAP 😂

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
If your going to buy the transit go big with no regrets & go green.
You can then say your doing your bit for the environment 😂
Wise words Mr B ✌

1 - 20 of 31 Posts