Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Yes. What a lot of people forget or don't even know is that the animals that are tested are not pulled off the street or farms, they are bred for this type of practice. Looking at this from a medical (i.e. medication wise) point of view.

·
Peace Upon the Children
2,002 Posts
im definately not wearing mascara knowing it first hasnt been put into rabbits eyes!!
really, medical testing maybe, for proper purposes, and humanely ,non of this putting breast implants into rats or anything.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
I've said it before.

Animals shouldn't be tested..............they get very nervous and give the wrong answers.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
agree.
yes

seen in the paper at the moment??

now if a few rabbits/monkeys/guinie pigs had died from the pills they wouldnt have bothered testing em on students.

although, students are cheaper than breeding animals.

hmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Yes they should be tested on, If I had a child i would want to know that the medicine I was giving them was safe

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
ADA-V said:
seen in the paper at the moment??
Yes and the media will milk this. There are thousands upon thousands of people who take part in clinical trials every day of the week.

I used to work on clinical trials, producing the stats on the data collected, and some studies I have worked on have involved 2,500 people :eh

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
So Whats it all about these people in hospital because of new medication . 4 people in hospital .

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
They had Radio 2 on in the warehouse the other lunchtime and somebody had emailed into Jeremy Vine's show about these guys who're in hospital because of the drug trial and said something along the lines of they were glad it had happened to these people and not some animals!! I don't know quite how to describe what I think to that, it's just sick and WRONG!! I do agree with animal testing for MEDICAL purposes.

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Matt N said:
They had Radio 2 on in the warehouse the other lunchtime and somebody had emailed into Jeremy Vine's show about these guys who're in hospital because of the drug trial and said something along the lines of they were glad it had happened to these people and not some animals!! I don't know quite how to describe what I think to that, it's just sick and WRONG!! I do agree with animal testing for MEDICAL purposes.
:eh

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
Matt N said:
It's a very controversial subject though isn't it. Trouble is, a lot of the people that are against animal testing would probably be the first to sue any pharmacutical company if they became ill after taking medication that hadn't been tested before release.

I'm really not sure what I think to be honest. Part of me says yes, animals should be used for testing new drugs etc but I also think it's unfair to put any living creature, be it human or animal, under any suffering. Just because they're bred for testing doesn't make it better for the animals does it?

Couple of things I do know though - I'm grateful for the animal testing that's been done on any drugs that may possibly be used to save my life in the future, and I am most definately against animal testing for cosmetic purposes.

R

·
0 Posts
i dont see why not crash test monkeys and bears and that...

u think maybe they test harpoons and stuff on people 1st before hunting dolphins and elephants? then it`d be fair

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Hmm, very controversial subject and one which i am undecided on.
Yes, if for the benefits of medical research but no if it's purely for cosmetic reasons although there will always be the argument that if a human has to/decides to use said product it should be tested on non humans first.

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
SteveW said:
but I also think it's unfair to put any living creature, be it human or animal, under any suffering.
And thinking about it more, I'm a total hypocrite....

I eat meat, I used to fish (although the last time I went fishing was in Canada in 1998) and don't think twice about poor old daisy whenever I eat a steak.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
For medicine yes for make up, shampoo etc. no

1 - 20 of 51 Posts