Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the ampmeter on the cav (inline) its still goes off the scale I even pulled all the fuses one at a time , even pulled relays, then took red live wire off the starter motor still off the scale I did the same with the alternator still the same I check boot,interior lights ,glovebox , even the door switches, all four
checked the wires under the carpet near ecu but still Im stumped can you help with nany suggestions:cry:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the ampmeter on the positive terminal on the battery then the other on the positive battery lead the needle goes straight across its as if the ampmeter is connected to the battery but its not

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told to do the following as I was doing a voltage reading
1st thing i would check is, anything at all left on, i.e. under bonnet light, boot light etc, you could check this by dissconnecting the +ve termanal on the car, and putting an amp meter from the termanal to the battery +ve, if there is current going, there is sommit on!
(allow a couple of mA for clock etc)

Failing that, dissconnect the coil over night, and reconnect in the morn, and try it then!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got a battery drain it goes flat over night its a new battery Ive checked the lights in an out starter motor,alternator,pulled each fuse one by one even the door switches now beginning to think its maybe a relay????

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
imo the relays don`t draw power unless the said item is switched on, i`m sure i`m right, another you could try for the pain to see lights, such as bonnet and boot, remove the lamps (bulbs) don`t 4get stereo, do you have an amp? does it turn off when h/u is switched off etc

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
battery is good I dont have an amp but checked the cd player I took it out for over a week (just too pissed off to put it back in)and all the lights

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
What size battery do you have and how old is it? You say it has gone flat - how many times? Once a battery goes flat it will never return to it's original charge. Each time it goes flat the lower the final charge will be!

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Atlantean said:
What size battery do you have and how old is it? You say it has gone flat - how many times? Once a battery goes flat it will never return to it's original charge. Each time it goes flat the lower the final charge will be!
check the liquid levels, many peeps don`t do this

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its 2 weeks old its a vauxhall approved battery if i put the new one on the ampmeter is telling me its gonna drain as the needle is right off the scale so there is no point in putting it on until the ampmeter gives a lower reading

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
i had this problem on a mates cav td m reg & it was the heated rear window relay under the dash , it was eating the battery & there was no warning light coming on for the heated window .

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
I've also known a problem with the heated rear screen relay on a mk2 astra,Even though they shouldn't be powered up with the ign off

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
oh well u learn something everyday
hope u sort it out m8y

1 - 17 of 17 Posts