Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Decided as iv bought a pump and my cambelt needs changing me and my friend r going to change the belt and pump
Now we never done a cambelt before on a engine in a car only ever in stands.
Is there anything we should be careful of we know that got to line up the bottom crank and the top camshaft pull so can but bolts in them to lock them but is the pump timed in these engine ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
12,710 Posts
The pump is not timed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Okay so thos Coronavirus is giving me plenty of time to look over the car.
So basically my mate has done the reprogramming on the car for me but she continues to give us the code p0089 and is in limp mode but today we been out there and held the throttle down now she gets to 3.5k and then slowly carried on climbing the rev counter which before the reprogramming she would stick the the 3.5k
What else could be causing this ?
Iv added a photo to show u guys what she will rev to and she will hold it there aswell
Any suggestions

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Okay so thos Coronavirus is giving me plenty of time to look over the car.
So basically my mate has done the reprogramming on the car for me but she continues to give us the code p0089 and is in limp mode but today we been out there and held the throttle down now she gets to 3.5k and then slowly carried on climbing the rev counter which before the reprogramming she would stick the the 3.5k
What else could be causing this ?
Iv added a photo to show u guys what she will rev to and she will hold it there aswell
Any suggestions

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just wanted a little pointer from any1 really on what the best way to check the wiring for the regulators
I have a multi meter
Always what should it be reading when being tested ?

·
12,710 Posts
What do you mean by "regulators"?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Any ideas on what could cause these as iv replaced the sensors?
Crack inlet?

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Low pressure pump lives in the fuel tank.
High pressure pump bolts to the back of the engine and is driven by the cambelt which needs removing to swap the pump.
I have seen on YouTube a way to remove the H/P fuel pump by using two bolts off the cambelt cover and screwed into the back cover though two holes in the H/P pump gear drive wheel then slackening the belt tensioner, it saves having to retime everything.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts