Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's been put back on iv turned 180 degrees and I have the denso fuel system on my car

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
12,349 Posts
OK, that is at least the correct SCV then.
When you get the engine up to temperature next try this - from idle snap the throttle wide open then immediately release it to see how it responds. The fake valves I had all caused a momentary hesitation before the revs increased, the genuine valve let the engine rev clean. The other difference I found was if you hold the throttle at around 3,000 to 3,500 rpm you could feel the engine coughing, the genuine valve didn't do this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
since turning the svc 180 the car is still responding the say way theres alot of vibration there the car in tick over revs are stead tho

·
Worn Out Member
5,514 Posts
If you post the reg i'll get the part number of the SCV for you,
there are 2 different ones for these later Denso equiped 1.7 engines

·
Worn Out Member
5,514 Posts
That's an A17DTS engine, scv part number 55582725

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Iv order a new svc from the dealer cost £239 plus vat which I was shocked at but paid me money should hopefully get it today and this is the fix if not il be doing some more head scratching

·
Worn Out Member
5,514 Posts
At that price i have my fingers crossed for you it is the scv at fault and not a high resistance somewhere in the wiring

·
12,349 Posts
If she had done the tests I suggested in post#22 it would have given more of an indication that the valve was causing the issue.
The genuine SCV I bought for mine came from Lookers Vauxhall and cost me £77 because the packaging was all squashed, but it was in a hologrammed box which was still sealed and all is good a few years on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Right little update the new valve turned up today so went in to the garage and fitted it clear the code and started her up and it's still got the same code as before so left it running for a good half a hour and tired to clear the code again but again comes start back on.
But something I did notice is while sitting in the car with the radio off and the car at idel I can hear the fuel pump in the tank it's quite noisy I never notice this before but am I just being paranoid
?
I dont really want to drop the tank on it to find out that it's fine so is there anyone else that has a 1.7 cdti astra j that could go sit in there car for me and see if they can gear the in tank fuel pump on idel please.

·
12,349 Posts
When you replace it you are also supposed to reset the learned values, using something like Tech2, OpCom or Vauxcom. It will self-learn on its own but that from experience can take some time, resetting mine when I replaced it last time with a genuine one brought about an instant change.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Right I didn't know that I thought as its was a dealer bought part it would instantly work hence when it didn't I left her running and hear the rear pump making a noise iv never heard.
Il get my mate round with his diagnostic to re program it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Had my friend re programme the car today ( dont worry he lives with me atm) and the car is still in limp mode.
So the saga goes on.
Has any1 been able to see if the in tank pump is mousey from inside the cabin on idle?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rodents developing a taste for diesel? Bloody mice get everywhere! (just to lighten the mood in current situation)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hahaha be great if was mice could just evict them

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So iv just bought a second pump as was cheap off Ebay parts number matching just in case I may need it.
Question r these driven off the cambelt?
Will the cambelt need removing if I ever have to change the pump?

·
12,349 Posts
Low pressure pump lives in the fuel tank.
High pressure pump bolts to the back of the engine and is driven by the cambelt which needs removing to swap the pump.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Right iv just bought a high pressure pump as was cheap. Lol
Car always starts and iv had previously had code over last few months of p000f and p228a now p0089 which none point to my pump 2 of them are for the regulator iv changed the one on the rail no cha ge and the one on the pump (scv) and again no change and both have had the values reprogrammed so at a massive lose

21 - 40 of 48 Posts