Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Vectra and for a few weeks my offside headlight came on after a short while after turning them on. Now it doesnt come on at all. So, I popped the bonnet and thinking it was a loose connection, fiddled with it. All of the sudden the alarm went off. In a panic I disconnected the battery and the powersounder started. This lasted for about 20 seconds and stopped. I tried re-connecting the battery but the alarm sounded again so I left it off and that's how it stays. Can anyone tell me why the alarm went off in the first place? and what can I do to stop the alarm sounding? I have spent the last 6 hours trawling the forum for help but there is nothing specific.:cry:

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
if you have a few spare blankets throw them over the general area of the alarm to muffle the sound slighly.

Tip for future if you are going to disconnect your batt, first loosen the batt terminals so that there easy to take off but dont remove them yet.

Then go into the car and turn the ignition on but dont start the car.

Then turn the ignition off and you have roughly 10-15secs to remove the batt terminal or the alarm will sound. If you do it within the time then hopefully your alarm will not go off.

·
PS3 Gamer Tag = gibbo-69
1,682 Posts
if you have a few spare blankets throw them over the general area of the alarm to muffle the sound slighly.

Tip for future if you are going to disconnect your batt, first loosen the batt terminals so that there easy to take off but dont remove them yet.

Then go into the car and turn the ignition on but dont start the car.

Then turn the ignition off and you have roughly 10-15secs to remove the batt terminal or the alarm will sound. If you do it within the time then hopefully your alarm will not go off.
the corect procedure is basically to leave the car on IGN 1 and disconnect, same when you put the battery back on lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice.

connect battery, run to drivers side stick key in ignition and start her up, as for the light is check the voltages coming threw the plug
Tried this but alarm kept sounding so pulled wires from horn. Sorted. Can now drive to garage without heads turning and the Police Rapid Response chasing me. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.