Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Rascal
11,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
MoT passed, advisories for the brake discs but these are covered by my service agreement with the dealer so I'll get them sorted out in a while.

Two new tyres mark the first cost I've incurred outside my usual repayments.

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
So where is the MG cost per month breakdown for all the anally retentives?

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
So this is a pretty poor effort at monthly cost!! Not even close to meeting the BRO code of conduct

Surely it should show deposit, total of monthly finance cost to date, spares and bits you've bought.

Must try harder @Alex!! You should spend a couple of hours in a room with @Matt-SRI learing how to do it right!!

·
Rascal
11,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
In for a "minor service" today as its just about to hit 60k miles.

A new feature at the local Skoda garage is that they now prepare a "Video health check" on the vehicle and email it to me, so I can see what they are talking about without having to leave the comfort of my desk at work.

Need to replace the pads all round (which I suspected) and the front discs (unexpected) but I can see on the video why it needs doing, rather than just taking their word for it. They also advised me that the tyre inflation kit in the boot was out of date by 3 years. I've never even looked at it, but I only bought the car from them in 2014 so they should have replaced it then...

Nothing else to report in the last few months, just the usual daily grind of driving it for both work and pleasure... I don't get a lot of pleasure, but it keeps me from having to catch the bus I suppose. Used it for a stag do a few weeks ago, put 5 of us in to it plus all our suitcases, everyone was more than comfortable and even fully loaded the car pulls well enough to overtake most other road users!

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
Your talking like a real Skoda Fan now Alex lol :D & don't forget the famous reliability that beats its parent VW.

·
Rascal
11,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah I'm certainly a fan, wouldn't have bought one otherwise I guess.

Never going to be my favourite brand or top choice but this does exactly what I wanted it to do as well as I could expect :)

·
Super Moderator
25,362 Posts
That's why the taxi trade love the Skoda , one of our lads had just bought a burgundy superb & it looks very smart. Both my Octavia hatchbacks swallowed luggage with ease & drove well over long hours .

·
Rascal
11,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Minor dull update, in nowhere near the level of details that Matt would go to:

It has bugged me for a little while now that the clock was running one minute fast.

So the other evening I worked out how to reset it whilst sat in traffic on the motorway and timed it exactly with the BBC Radio 2 news pips at 5pm.

Now it is satisfying watching it tick over onto the hour at the same moment as the 'pip pip pip pip pip piiiiiip'

Living life in the fast lane here chaps!

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Not RDS linked time and date?

Cheap shoddy Eastern European bean can, bin it and buy a proper car with power and economy

·
Rascal
11,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Not RDS linked time and date?

Cheap shoddy Eastern European bean can, bin it and buy a proper car with power and economy
It is RDS linked for things like traffic alerts, and it automatically does GMT/BST at the appropriate dates.

I was in one of the Passat's at work the other day of the facelift variant, where they have an analogue clock as well as two digital clock displays at all times... but you could change the analogue one independently

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
The Agila Clock has reset to 01.01.1997. I wonder if the designers thought they were still in that time when they designed it.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts