Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's I managed to sort that out, just filled the tank and reduced it 15 miles on the 5 miles back from the petrol station

·
Well-Known User.
4,287 Posts
Its does have a nice smiley face on the steering wheel so when you die of boredem and have the inevitable mid life heart attack at least you will slump into a smile
Nothing wrong with boring cars, although I do prefer to use the term 'comfortable'!!

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Very nice car. Just due for the 40,000 mile gearbox oil change then, and has it had, or is it eligible for the injector recall?

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Very nice car. Just due for the 40,000 mile gearbox oil change then, and has it had, or is it eligible for the injector recall?
Indeed so - bought it from a main dealer and I'm only the 2nd owner, has all the stamps in the book and they've done the gearbox oil.

Not sure on the injector recall but I'm am sure that this will have been carried out if necessary, the previous owner has clearly looked after the car well.

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
The injector recall only covered certain models, is this pd or cr? The cr was the one to avoid at all costs, it wasn't actually faulty injectors but the loom inside the rocker cover chaffing on #2, this sends the computer into a total spaz and shuts the lot off! Hahaha, computer sez NO!

·
Super Moderator
26,852 Posts
The injector recall only covered certain models, is this pd or cr? The cr was the one to avoid at all costs, it wasn't actually faulty injectors but the loom inside the rocker cover chaffing on #2, this sends the computer into a total spaz and shuts the lot off! Hahaha, computer sez NO!
You've been watching little Britain ! Lol ....

·
Super Moderator
26,852 Posts
And the Dennis Waterman sketch , making him so small in size ! Lol ....

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well, one of the neighbours here in my new road, has just knocked on the door to introduce himself and show me the nice dent he's just made in the rear passenger door.

Thankfully doesn't appear to have hit any other panel. So I'm going to get an estimate and get it all sorted just between the two of us - if not, it's his company taxi that he was using so I can just claim it off them...

·
Super Moderator
26,852 Posts
Well, one of the neighbours here in my new road, has just knocked on the door to introduce himself and show me the nice dent he's just made in the rear passenger door.

Thankfully doesn't appear to have hit any other panel. So I'm going to get an estimate and get it all sorted just between the two of us - if not, it's his company taxi that he was using so I can just claim it off them...
Not very sporting of him ! Lol ....

·
Rascal
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How is this going overall? Good buy?
I've done...

5,477 miles since I bought it at the end of November.

Averaging around 37mpg with my heavy right foot and sometimes short commute to work but for the longer journeys it's doing well. Costs me 12p a mile and I get 23p a mile fuel allowance so with enough work trips, the fuel pays for itself nearly enough!

Aside from the dent that my neighbour has put in the door, which we will be getting sorted soon once I can get time to do without the car, it's been faultless

A 250 mile trip to Manchester last week passed in comfort and it's got a decent turn of speed. Sitting on the motorway its a comfortable cruiser and I can set the temperature just so.

I've had no need to spend any money fixing anything that's gone wrong because nothing has gone wrong.

What I am going to get done when I put it in for a service is..

Update the map software and allow it to know about all the new roads that exist (such as the terminal 5 spur of the. 25 that I use all the time) and also allow full postcode entry - currently it only has 5 digit entry before then searching.

I'm also going to hunt for an updated Bluetooth module as Skoda didn't become compatible with Apple iOS until the -60 reg cars were launched. Should be around £100 on eBay and quite a straight forward plug and play swap.

·
No Longer An Active Member
5,053 Posts
Is it a saloon or is it a hatchback?
Answer: it's a Saloon!
Oh wait, no it isn't, it's a hatchback!
That's a pretty neat trick (y). Does it do the same with the bonnet? "Is it front-hinged? Yes! Oh wait, no it isn't, it's rear-hinged! It's both!"

21 - 40 of 92 Posts