Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Alex's Skoda Superb 2.0 CR TDI DSG 170

12K views 92 replies 13 participants last post by  Alex 
#1 ·
A recent change of job means I now have the hallowed "car allowance" available as I am now needing to head up and down the country every so often.

And I've gone somewhat off book and instead of just getting Golf, Mondeo or even a BMW, I've gone with this:

It's a 2009 Skoda Superb, with the 2 litre turbo diesel engine pushing out a whopping 170 horses, through the clever twin- clutch dsg auto.

Being in Elegance trim, it has just about all the toys you could ever need, and a few you probably didn't know about either such as the "park assist" feature meaning that it can parallel park itself into a space large enough. Very clever stuff!

It's in a delightful colour which Skoda call "Mocca Brown Metallic" - different in a good way!

See less See more
#5 ·
A few further photos

Pleasant dashboard display area

"Columbus" Sat Nav/media player with all the usual cd/dvd/sd card/aux in capability. Being called Columbus I wonder if it means I can find America but only by searching for India?

Huge rear legroom - consider that the drivers seat is set up for me and my gangly 6'5" frame, I can easily sit in the rear behind someone my own size!

Neat little clock and temperature display for rear passengers and an additional 12v socket

Nifty overhead compartment for sunglasses

#7 ·
In the famous words of Sir Harold McMillan , " You've never had it so good " . Lol ..... Or as the Germans said when they saw the Skoda Superb roll off the production lines , " these Czechoslovakian natives aren't too bad at building cars " , yes said the chairman of VW group , " I understand the mulled wine back at Stuggart didn't taste as agreeable as normal Herr Heinreich ! "

#12 ·
Number plate is wonky

Needs lowering

Its a large Skoda, welcome to your mid life crisis, you are officialy now older than me!

Points for not falling into the streotypical jacket in the rear window poverty spec repmobile and it being a higher spec than Daves rep special Vectra LS

Its a dies......yawn zzzzzzz

Its does have a nice smiley face on the steering wheel so when you die of boredem and have the inevitable mid life heart attack at least you will slump into a smile

Is that a truncheon in the door for 'picking up passengers'?

:)

#15 ·
Number plate is wonky

Needs lowering

Its a large Skoda, welcome to your mid life crisis, you are officialy now older than me!

Points for not falling into the streotypical jacket in the rear window poverty spec repmobile and it being a higher spec than Daves rep special Vectra LS

Its a dies......yawn zzzzzzz

Its does have a nice smiley face on the steering wheel so when you die of boredem and have the inevitable mid life heart attack at least you will slump into a smile

Is that a truncheon in the door for 'picking up passengers'?

:)
One of the options in the Skoda catalogue is for a special coat hanger that fits onto the back of the drivers headrest. I haven't gone for that. There's a 12v socket in the boot, and with its size, I wonder if I could get a 12v in car Corby trouser press?

As Matt has said on face ache, I will have to make a drunk impractical purchase at some point to massively compensate for this. Though I will be keeping the disco...

#27 ·
Very nice car. Just due for the 40,000 mile gearbox oil change then, and has it had, or is it eligible for the injector recall?

#28 ·
Indeed so - bought it from a main dealer and I'm only the 2nd owner, has all the stamps in the book and they've done the gearbox oil.

Not sure on the injector recall but I'm am sure that this will have been carried out if necessary, the previous owner has clearly looked after the car well.

#35 ·
Well, one of the neighbours here in my new road, has just knocked on the door to introduce himself and show me the nice dent he's just made in the rear passenger door.

Thankfully doesn't appear to have hit any other panel. So I'm going to get an estimate and get it all sorted just between the two of us - if not, it's his company taxi that he was using so I can just claim it off them...

#39 ·
I've done...

5,477 miles since I bought it at the end of November.

Averaging around 37mpg with my heavy right foot and sometimes short commute to work but for the longer journeys it's doing well. Costs me 12p a mile and I get 23p a mile fuel allowance so with enough work trips, the fuel pays for itself nearly enough!

Aside from the dent that my neighbour has put in the door, which we will be getting sorted soon once I can get time to do without the car, it's been faultless

A 250 mile trip to Manchester last week passed in comfort and it's got a decent turn of speed. Sitting on the motorway its a comfortable cruiser and I can set the temperature just so.

I've had no need to spend any money fixing anything that's gone wrong because nothing has gone wrong.

What I am going to get done when I put it in for a service is..

Update the map software and allow it to know about all the new roads that exist (such as the terminal 5 spur of the. 25 that I use all the time) and also allow full postcode entry - currently it only has 5 digit entry before then searching.

I'm also going to hunt for an updated Bluetooth module as Skoda didn't become compatible with Apple iOS until the -60 reg cars were launched. Should be around £100 on eBay and quite a straight forward plug and play swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.