Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The alarm on my v6 vectra keeps going off for no reason after i lock it with the key-fob

Its just started happening over the past two weeks and now im not able to leave the car locked at all!!!

Any ideas? - ive tried pressing the alarm button on the dash before locking the car but it makes no difference

Cheers

Andy T

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
dodgy electical connection making voltage drops. If the button on the dash doesn't stop it then it's not a prob with the interior sensors. I'd go with a dodgy connection on a system which has a permanent live like interior lights.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that, - do you know if there are any alarm wires running upto the stereo as ive fitted a new head unit recently and wonder if this is causing a problem

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Cheers for that, - do you know if there are any alarm wires running upto the stereo as ive fitted a new head unit recently and wonder if this is causing a problem
Could be the permanent live wire to this stereo that's loose.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i would check behind the stereo could be loose connection if problem started when you fitted stereo if not its then a case of following the lives from the alarm m8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts