Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2016 Meriva 1.4i VVT car. Noticing the Airbag activation lamp in the centre console remains lit whilst driving. According to service dept this is normal. Anyone else noticed this, I would have thought light would extinguish after a minute (according to handbook).

·
Well-Known User.
4,287 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site.
Is the light to do with the passenger airbag? Some cars show a light on the dash to remind you not to put a child seat in the front, I guess not though as you have checked the owners manual...

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
If the passenger airbag is switched on, the left hand of the two indicator lights should illuminate for 60 seconds, if the airbag is switched off (key position switch on the right hand side of the dash) the right hand symbol will stay on permanently. If there is a system fault, *both* lamps will illuminate.

As @brikhead says, it's all in the manual.

Nick.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
In the astra j the activated and deactivated lights stay on all the time,depending on which one is selected I mean,they never go out,i know this because a lady asked me the same question so I checked three astras and they were all on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for updates, interesting regarding light remains on for astra j. Wonder if latest Meriva models have changed. Must admit handbook says the light should extinguish after about 60 secs. If I switch the airgag off, the other warning light stays on advising airbag disabled. Whilst the original warning light goes out. Think I'll check further with workshop as car is in warranty. But any further feedback appreciated regarding problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.