Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the past weekend of floods can anyone tell me what height the air intakes are on a 2016 registered vivaro? I'm guessing avoiding such heights is essential but I'm curious to know what I could get away with if unavoidable.

I've read that they're rather low on vivaro.

Is there a max water height listed for the v uh vivaro? I'm trying to work out how it compares to my old astra or the seat altea XL we have. I'm guessing the higher wheel clearance is better but I prefer to know what the limits are. I'm unlikely to get near simply isn't worth risking floods but knowledge is better than guessing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I drove through 18 inches in the Mk1 trafic, 1996 and split the engine, was going slowly so no bow wave. I think it was raised from 2001 but not sure how high it is. Which year is yours? If it's a B I'll check mine.

·
13,674 Posts
Could you not just open the bonnet and take a look?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Although I don’t have an exact measurement for you I thought I’d share that one of my engineers wrote off a 2016 Vivaro just before Christmas by driving through water which he swears was no higher than the bottom of the drivers door. £6500+vat for a new engine. Ouch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just had a look but can't tell and I've got an engine tray underneath so no point in getting underneath, sorry.
VBh has got me worried but I have been deeper recently with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts