Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have a vauxhall corsa 2012. Just discovered air con is not working. Anything I can try to fix myself?

Here is video showing behaviour:

I read some forum posts which suggest that I need to top up in the gas?

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
It probably needs the gas topping up. I think Halfords will check it out, but not charge if they don't get it working better (confirm before letting them loose on it)!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably needs the gas topping up. I think Halfords will check it out, but not charge if they don't get it working better (confirm before letting them loose on it)!
Thanks for tip! Have booked in with them tomorrow morning. Looks like check is free and gas for my model is £50.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Should have gone on groupon and got a voucher for ats lot cheaper I do them all the time at work. Its only the new gas that is not cheap that is the 1234 gas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to Halfords, they plugged the gas bottle in, the guage said it was “green” which apparently meant it was OK. About half the bottle was put into the system, but the guage did not move... the guy doing the test said that he thought there was a leak since it should have moved the needle to say there was overfill...

The air con now works. Will monitor. Guage could have been broken and I could have just gotten a free refill. OR there is a slow leak... let’s see. Worked a few hours after refill. Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
So they didn't plug it into a proper air con machine, vacuum test for leaks, then refill the system?
Hope it keeps working for you, but bear in mind all aircon systems start to leak eventually, so it will need looking at again sometime in the future (hopefully a few years)!

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
So they didn't plug it into a proper air con machine, vacuum test for leaks, then refill the system?
Hope it keeps working for you, but bear in mind all aircon systems start to leak eventually, so it will need looking at again sometime in the future (hopefully a few years)!
Defo sounds like a bodge job should have gone on a machine for about a hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts