Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Intermittently, the whole air/air con panel goes dead. No fans No lights, all buttons dead.
One time I'll start the car and everything is dead. The next time its all working ok.

When its working, Fan works on all 4 speeds - but maybe a bit slower (less flow/noise) than I remember.
When engaged, the air is cold enough.

I'm going to check fuses this AM - I've identified Passenger box F2, F18, F23 & F25 and Engine box F4 to check, but I'm thinking a sticky relay somewhere - is there one somewhere?
I'll also pull the control panel and check the connectors.
Just wondering if anyone has similar experience and solution.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track, let us know your findings. Cant say where the relay is but i would have thought there will be one for it. What car is it il have a nosey on google see if i can find its location.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks Vince. Its a 2006 Vectra-c CDTi 150pbh. (Z19DTH)
I have got a copy of TIS2000 but the circuit diagrams are great if you know just what you're looking for, but a pain to try and visualise an entire system of power, controls and sensors all together!

You've jogged my memory though - it seems there are 3 Air Con/fan related relays on the back of the passenger fuse box that I can check out.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
it could be one of the relays behind the glove compartment---not sure what colour relay it will be,will have a look in the Haynes manual to see which one it is and will let you know-----Dave

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Yes you are on the right track--F4 fuse in the engine bay fuse box--F2/F23/F25 in the passenger fusebox----Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts